There is much curiosity about Absinthe, the drink referred to as Green Fairy or La Fee Verte. People want to know how to buy it, which type to get, the way to prepare it and what’s the suggested quantity of Absinthe to use when contriving a drink.
First you have to obtain a quality Absinthe that’s abundant with essential oils and that contains wormwood. There are many Absinthe substitutes and fake Absinthes absinthekit available for sale that contain southernwood or roman wormwood rather than common wormwood (artemisia absinthium). Ensure you buy a proper real Absinthe. If you are living in a country where it is actually difficult to find a high quality Absinthe then you might create your own Absinthe using essences from AbsintheKit.com.
Upon having got your Absinthe, you will need to learn The Ritual, or La Louche. This is actually the standard French or Swiss means of preparing Absinthe and it uses one shot of Absinthe. Listed here are the instructions:-
To perform the Ritual, you will need an Absinthe glass, a slotted Absinthe spoon, a lump of sugar as well as ice cold water.
– Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe into the glass.
– Rest the Absinthe spoon over the rim of the glass and place a cube of sugar on it.
– Slowly drip iced water on the sugar either by dripping from the tap of the fountain or using a constant hand to pour from a carafe. Dripping it slowly will provide the sugar possiblity to dissolve and drip via the slots of the spoon. You need to see a lovely “louche” effect as the water mixes in the alcohol. The Absinthe louches as the essential oils of the herbs are soluble in alcohol but not in water and so have the mixture cloudy or milky when water is added.
– Relax and enjoy your Absinthe drink.
The Bohemian or Czech Method is very similar to the Ritual but is a modern method of preparing cheap Czech Absinthes. The Bohemian technique is scorned by a lot of Absinthe followers.
Instructions and techniques for using the Bohemian method:-
– Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe into the glass and dip the sugar cube in it to soak the sugar.
– Place sugar cube on the Absinthe spoon and rest within the rim of the glass.
– Set the sugar cube alight for just one minute to permit the sugar to caramelize and melt. The sugar must drip throughout the slots of the spoon and in to the Absinthe.
– Put the spoon to the Absinthe and pour the ice cold water in the Absinthe to set out any flames and to result in the Absinthe to louche.
– Take pleasure in your Absinthe drink.
If you’d like to enjoy your Absinthe properly the you will need some Absinthiana – Absinthe glasses, spoons and even perhaps an Absinthe fountain to manage the flow of the water. Replicas of antique spoons and glasses can be acquired from AbsintheKit.com.
So, what is the recommended amount of Absinthe to work with while preparing an Absinthe drink? About 45ml or perhaps a US shot. Obviously, you may use Absinthe in cocktails too – search for recipes online.